Dental Extractions Menlo Park
A dental extraction is the procedure to remove a tooth from your mouth. A dental extraction is most commonly required if one of your teeth is damaged beyond practical repair. The most common reasons for tooth extractions include:
- Severe tooth decay or infection may make it impossible or too costly to repair a tooth
- Advanced gum disease may required a tooth to be pulled so it doesn’t affect the supporting tissues and bone structures of your mouth
- A tooth may be extracted if it is blocking other teeth from coming in
- During orthodontic work, teeth may need to be extracted to create room for the teeth that are being moved into place
- Wisdom teeth are often extracted either before or after they come in
What to expect
Dr. Dustin Ford will first administer anesthetic to numb the area and reduce discomfort and eliminate pain. During the extraction, you will feel the pressure of the tooth being removed, but will not feel any pain. Typically, Dr. Ford is able to remove your tooth within a matter of minutes.
Immediately after the tooth extraction, a small amount of bleeding is normal and patch of gauze will be placed in the affected area. The area may bleed minimally for the next 24 hours or so and taper off after that. Follow our instructions on how often to change the gauze, and what other post-procedure steps to follow.
Please contact our office so we can answer any questions or to schedule your appointment today! (650)326-1682